Online Voter Registration
Indiana offers you the ability to submit your voter registration application online. Specifically, this online voter registration application allows you to apply to register to vote in Indiana, change your name on your voter registration record, or change the address on your voter registration record.
In order to be eligible to register to vote, you must:
• be a citizen of the United States,
• be at least 18 years old on the day of the next general, municipal, or special election,
• have lived in your precinct for at least 30 days before the next general, municipal, or special election (except for certain military voters); and
• not currently be imprisoned after being convicted of a crime.
In order to register online, you must also possess a current and valid Indiana driver's license or Indiana State identification card. The State of Indiana will use your digitized signature on-file with the Bureau of Motor Vehicles as your voter registration signature. Only the voter registration information you provide and your digitized signature will be sent to your county voter registration office upon concluding the online voter registration application process.
If you do not have either of these documents or have trouble with this website, you may still register to vote by:
• completing a
Voter Registration Application (VRG-7)
and mailing it to the appropriate county voter registration office or Indiana Election Division,
• registering to vote in-person at the appropriate county voter registration office, or
• registering to vote in-person at the Indiana Election Division.
If you are not sure if you are a registered voter, please check your registration status by clicking
Questions? Call your county voter registration office or the Indiana Election Division for assistance. Please see the contact information below.
WARNING: If you knowingly provide false information on a voter registration form or knowingly make a false declaration about your qualifications for voter registration, you will have committed a Class D Felony and can be fined up to $10,000, jailed for up to three years or both.
voter registration applications have been submitted online.
Online Voter Registration Process
• Step 1: Verify voting eligibility and enter Indiana DLN or Indiana State ID Information
• Step 2: Enter voter information
• Step 3: Verify voter registration information and submit application
• Step 4: Confirmation
• In order to be eligible to vote per Indiana Code 3-7-26.7 in the next election, a voter registration application must be submitted with an application submission date of no later than 29 days before the next election. The next deadline for registration is 11:59 p.m. (local time), Monday, April 7, 2014.
• If you submit your voter registration application after the deadline, you will be unable to vote in the next election unless you were previously registered in Indiana. If you were previously registered in Indiana, and have changed your name or address, you may be able to vote in the next election. Please contact your county voter registration office for more detailed information about the law concerning name or address changes that would apply in your case. If you missed the deadline, your registration application (and any name or address change update) will be processed when registration reopens for the next election.
• Some military voters and their family members can register until noon on election day. Contact your county voter registration office for information if you may qualify to do so.
• For those voters who have a nontraditional residence (those who are currently homeless, mobile or live at a place where the post office does not deliver mail), list the closest intersection to where you live in the box to the left marked "Residence Address", then list the address of a friend or shelter, within your county of residence, who is willing to receive mail for you in the box marked "Mailing Address".