• Completing a VRG-7 and mailing it to the appropriate county voter registration office
• Completing a VRG-7 and mailing it to the Indiana Election Division
• Registering to vote at the appropriate county voter registration office
• Registering to vote at the Indiana Election Division
This website is developed and maintained by the Office of the Secretary of State and Indiana Election Division.
Right to Change the Website
The Office of the Secretary of State and Indiana Election Division may discontinue, edit, delete or change any aspect of the website, including, but not limited to: (i) restricting availability times, (ii) restricting compatibility with certain computer software or hardware, (iii) restricting amounts of use permitted, and (iv) restricting, suspending or terminating any user's right to use the website, at the Office of the Secretary of State and Indiana Election Division’s sole discretion and without prior notice or liability.
The content organization, graphics, design, compilation and other materials on or related to the website are protected under applicable copyright, trademark and other proprietary and intellectual property rights. The copying, redistribution, use or publication by you of any such materials or any part of the website, except as allowed for in the Limited Right to Use section below, is strictly prohibited. You do not acquire ownership rights to any content, document or other materials viewed through the website. The posting of information or materials on the website does not constitute a waiver of any right in such information and materials.
Limited Right to Use
Except as may otherwise be allowed by law (including but not limited to the Indiana Access to Public Records Law), the viewing, printing, or downloading of any content, graphic, form, or document from the website grants you only a limited, nonexclusive license for use solely by you for your own personal use, and not for republication, distribution, assignment, sublicense, sale, preparation of derivative works or other use. No part of any content, graphic, form, or document may be reproduced in any form or incorporated into any information retrieval system, electronic or mechanical, other than for your personal use (not for resale or redistribution). You must keep intact all copyright and other proprietary notices. The Office of the Secretary of State and Indiana Election Division may revoke this license at any time
You are prohibited from using the website in any way to do any of the following:
• restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the website;
• post or transmit any unlawful, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane, or indecent information of any kind, including without limitation any transmissions constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any local, state, national or international law;
• post or transmit comments containing harassing or offensive language, including sexual references, sexual nicknames, racial slurs or rude or deliberately offensive comments or engage in disruptive activities online, including excessive use of scripts, sound waves, scrolling (repeating the same message over and over), or use viruses, bots, worms, or trojan horses;
• access another person's or entity's materials, information, or files without the permission of that person or entity;
• post or transmit any information, software or other material which violates or infringes the rights of others, including material which is an invasion of privacy or publicity rights or which is protected by copyright, trademark, or other proprietary right without first obtaining permission from the owner or right holder;
• post or transmit any information, software, or other material which contains a virus or other harmful component;
• post or transmit content that encourages or provides instructional activities about illegal activities, such as hacking;
• post, transmit, or in any way exploit any information, software, or other material for advertising or commercial purposes;
• solicit other users to join, become members of, or contribute money to any online service or other organization, advocate or attempt to get users to join in legal or illegal schemes or plan or participate in scams involving other users;
• impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your professional or other affiliation with any person or entity;
No Unlawful Purposes
You agree that you will not use the website or any information or services related thereto for any unlawful purpose. The Office of the Secretary of State and Indiana Election Division, at its sole and absolute discretion, shall determine whether any use violates this provision.
Submission of False Voter Registration Information
If you knowingly provide false information on a voter registration form or knowingly make a false declaration about your qualifications for voter registration, you will have committed a Class D Felony and can be fined up to $10,000, jailed for up to three years or both.
You understand that the Office of the Secretary of State and Indiana Election Division has no obligation to monitor the website. However, the Office of the Secretary of State and Indiana Election Division reserves the right at all times to disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any law, regulation or governmental request, or to refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, that in the Office of the Secretary of State and Indiana Election Division's sole and absolute discretion are objectionable or in violation of this Agreement. You acknowledge that the Office of the Secretary of State and Indiana Election Division reserves the right to, and may from time to time, monitor any and all information transmitted or received through the website, for operational and other purposes. During monitoring, information may be examined, recorded, copied, and used for authorized purposes. Use of the website constitutes consent to such monitoring.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless the Office of the Secretary of State and Indiana Election Division, the State of Indiana, their affiliates and their respective officers, co-directors, employees, and agents from and against any and all claims, actions, suits or proceedings, as well as any and all losses, liabilities, damages, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorneys fees) arising out of or related to (a) any material posted or otherwise provided by you that infringes any copyright, trademark, trade secret, patent or other intellectual property right of any person or defames any person or violates their rights of publicity or privacy, (b) any misrepresentation made by you in connection with your use of the website; (c) any violation by you of this Agreement; and (d) any claims brought by other persons or entities arising from or related to your use of the website, including information obtained through the website.
If you have agreed to allow your minor child, or a child for whom you are legal guardian (a "Minor"), to use the website, you agree that you shall be solely responsible for: (a) the online conduct of such Minor; (b) monitoring such Minor's access to and use of the website; and (c) the consequences of any use of the website by such Minor.
The Office of the Secretary of State and Indiana Election Division respects the intellectual property of others, and asks you to do the same. The Office of the Secretary of State and Indiana Election Division reserves the right, but not the obligation, to terminate your use of the website if it determines in its sole and absolute discretion that you are involved in infringing activity, including alleged acts of first-time or repeat infringement, regardless of whether the material or activity is ultimately determined to be infringing.
Export Control Information
Unless otherwise specified, the materials on this website are presented solely to provide information regarding and to promote the Office of the Secretary of State and Indiana Election Division's Services and other products available in the State of Indiana, United States of America. This website is controlled and operated by the Office of the Secretary of State and Indiana Election Division. The Office of the Secretary of State and Indiana Election Division makes no representation that materials on this website are appropriate or available for use outside the United States. Those who choose to access this website from outside the United States do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws, to the extent that local laws are applicable.
This Agreement shall be treated as though it were executed and performed in Indianapolis, Indiana, and shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Indiana (without regard to conflict of law principles). Any cause of action by you with respect to the website (and/or any information, products or services related thereto) must be instituted within one (1) year after the cause of action arose or be barred. The language in this Agreement shall be interpreted as to its fair meaning and not strictly for or against either party. All legal proceedings arising out of or in connection with this Agreement shall be brought solely in Superior Court of Marion County, Indiana. You expressly submit to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of said courts and consent to extra-territorial service of process. Should any part of this Agreement be held invalid or unenforceable, that portion shall be construed consistent with the applicable law and the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect. To the extent that anything in or associated with the website is in conflict or inconsistent with this Agreement, this Agreement shall take precedence. The Office of the Secretary of State and Indiana Election Division's delay or failure to enforce any provision of this Agreement shall not be deemed a waiver of such provision nor of the right to enforce such provision. No waiver by either party of any breach or default hereunder shall be deemed a waiver of any subsequent breach or default. The titles and subtitles used in this Agreement are used for convenience only and are not to be considered in construing or interpreting this Agreement.